Thai extension for FiraGo
In 2016, the geo data provider Here chose Fira Sans as their corporate typeface. Their need for a broader language coverage especially in map applications led them to commission bBox Type GmbH with a global script extension. I had the honor to extend the script coverage to Thai with consultaions by Ben Mitchell.
Based on the Fira Sans 4.3 glyph set, FiraGO now supports Arabic, Devanagari, Georgian, Hebrew and Thai. With this script support, FiraGO catches up with other global Open Source typefaces such as Noto.
For further information please have a look at the FiraGO project page.
FiraGO is licenced under OFL (Open Font Licence)
- Latin Extended
- Cyrillic Extended
- Greek Polytonic
Many thanks for everyone involved:
- Design FiraGO Arabic: Ralph du Carrois, Titus Nemeth and Hasan Abu Afash
- Design FiraGO Devanagari: Rob Keller, Kimya Gandhi and Natalie Rauch
- Design FiraGO Georgian: Akaki Razmadze and Anja Meiners
- Design FiraGO Hebrew: Natalie Rauch with consultancy support by Yanek Iontef
- Design FiraGO Thai: Mark Frömberg with consultancy support by Ben Mitchell
- Hinting: Monika Bartels and Anke Bonk at FontWerk (now Alphabet Type)