A GlyphsApp plugin (not for Glyphs 3*)
Variable Fonts are the next big thing in (web) typography. So next and so big, that their potential isn’t even fully discovered by designers. What is clear already is that they bring incredible new opportunities do design and web experiences. Along with those new chances come challenges for the type designers who create v-Fonts:
Juggling with crazy, unprecedented master setups and keeping all possible outcomes with variable axes in sight became a mind-boggling and sheer unsolvable task. Until now!
With this GlyphsApp plug-in you can now immediately
- Live preview of any variable font setting without exporting any font files.
- Preview the content of your Edit Tab as well as your current glyph.
- See the masters involved in the current interpolation.
- Easily spot interpolation issues that can be hard to find otherwise.
- Glyph swapping (»bracket trick« layers) can be previewed.
- Works with ordinary Multiple Master fonts as well.
- Huge (10k+ glyphs) fonts are no problem at all.
- Show/hide the nodes of the interpolation.
- Quickly set sliders to your masters or instances.
- Make an instance from current slider setup.
- Preview virtual masters.